Connectivity: How to get to know people!

Communication. A key skill!

I know getting to know other people is hard. But making friends is a key part of settling in here!

A great way to get to know people is a shared interest. You can bond over a sport like basketball 🏀 or hockey 🏑, various art clubs 🎨, or even social events! I have provided links to various sports (below) and other programs. search the titles (bolded writing) to find your certain sport. If I missed any, comment below and I’ll update my post!

Also, if you have a certain sport/activity I missed, see the link here! Easily choose an activity and enter Western Australia, then you can enter your postcode and how far away you want the club to be! Overall, a very helpful website!

Netball

You can go to the netball website here! This site will take you to the club closest to you! Simply scroll down and there will be links to different clubs that suit you best!

Hockey

On the hockey website, you can easily enter your postcode and suburb, and it will find a club in your area!

Gymnastics

This ‘find a club‘ is similar to the hockey one. Simply type in ‘Perth’ and search. Then have a look at each individual club (I recommend Active Gymnastics!) and the choice is yours!

Swimming

This site is Vacswim! It has various programs that can help teach you to swim – I recommend the beach one as Perth has gorgeous beaches!

This is a website that has a list of clubs in WA so some might be too far away from you! Find one near you in the contact list and enjoy!

Cricket

This is a Clubs of Australia website like mentioned above. This is helpful if you use the search bar and put in your postcode. It will show you clubs within 10km of your postcode originally, but you can make the distance smaller/larger.

Good luck and have fun making friends!

Kate ❤️

3 thoughts on “Connectivity: How to get to know people!

1. I definitely have missed a few like basketball 🏀 and art 🎨, but you can find all of those on the first link (Clubs of Australia!). Follow the instructions above!